Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's not for the achievement, its for the memories that we will look back to.

On the 29th of April 2011, a friday, we all gathered at Bugis National Library for the annual DanzPeople Recital 2011. This experience is definitely one of the memorable ones that I will be looking back to in the future. Its my second time performing in the area of Hiphop Dance, and this time round, i felt that i have improved alot in terms of my way of handling fear on the stage, dance techniques, as well as the way of me expressing myself. Click here for a video of our performance taken down by one of our friends, Shi Yun.

Of course, there are still many room for improvement, but we all did our best at that moment and enjoyed ourself while at it. (: Hopefully, there will be more opportunities in the future!


I loooooooooooove the dressing room (if it wasn't so packed with so many people that came in after us)! Its so glamour-ish and girly, just like those that are seen on the tv shows. (Yes, im a bimbo... with brains though) Funny thing that we couldn't find the switch to the light bulbs on the side of the mirror, it will look much nicer with the lights on!


We were given an UGLYDOLL each (dont get me wrong, its really the generic name of the doll!), from our instructor, Justis. The doll was picked from a bag at random and i picked the brown one! Their names are printed on the tags attached to them and mine's called Chuckanucka, and i personally think that it sounds African-ish, maybe that explain why its brown? (not being racist here!)


I did my own hair and makeup that day. For my eyes, i did a smokey dark blue which didn't turn out as great as what i tried at home the previous day, but its alright cause this picture above got complimented by my fellow makeup-beauty-bimbo khaki, Jen Chia, on facebook! ^^Oh ya, the picture above is with my eyelashes taken down, it was irritating my eyes after i came down the stage so much i had to remove them ): My hair was just puffed up to the max, making me look like a gold brown lion head with a human body. ALOT of hairspray is used but due to the actual volume/weight of my hair, it flatten quite a bit after some time. (i've learnt that hair spray doesnt work on me.) I also did the eyeshadow for 2 of the girls too, couldn't do the eyeliner for them cause i suck at drawing eyeliner on other people's eye, and idk why. Ohya, the flower in the picture above is from Jiayu, everyone got one each from her, thanks sweetie! <3


The experience on stage this time is way better than the one last year. Did struggled to look up but overcame that problem by focusing my sight on the main spotlight that is above the audience, eyes hurt after staring at the lights for the entire 3:40 mins. The sound of the applause from the audience at the end of our item was just so freaking awesome! Many loves for DOUs and of course, Justis! ^^

All that being said, I really enjoyed this round of performance and the months of preparations. Really love the bond in this family. Hope that there are more opportunities like this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment